Wednesday, 20 January 2010

I shook 'em up the walls came crumbling

Today was the closest thing to a "regular day" I've had so far. It went similarly to the first day of classes on Monday. I walked into school for Philosophy of Law and Macroeconomic Analysis. The Philo class should be interesting. We discussed the differences between the "blackletter" and "spirit of the law" interpretations. Hopefully this class will wither encourage or discourage me from going to law school. Macro was pretty much boring, but the prof said he expects most of us will get A's or A minuses. Sounds good to me.

I noticed today that I am no longer shocked that everyone has an English accent and that everyone is driving on the wrong side of the road. I am also starting to think of and refer to things in Pounds instead of Dollars. I guess that means I am getting used to things here. Last night we watched the Manchester United vs. Manchester City match in the flats. It was fun to watch a big-time cross-town rivalry soccer game. I am going to try to follow Premier League more now, except I think I like Man. City, which will piss TJ and Peter off a lot. I also decided that I am going to drink wine, so I bought three bottles for ten pounds on the way back from class. This could be a short lived interest depending on how happy I am with this purchase.

Since I don't start Parliament until Tuesday, I have tomorrow off. I am going to work out and probably head back to the British Musuem. I might also try to travel to Greenwhich Village so I can go to the Eastern Hemisphere. Just for kicks. We're about to have our second flat dinner (chicken and pasta), and then I will book my flight to Rome and potentially buy tickets to a Passion Pit concert. I'll probably go out later too. I'll have stories tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. How was the chicken and pasta? Who cooked? Did you like the wine? London sounds interesting, why do I only want to know about the food?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably because we want to know what we're in for. I was not too happy with the descriptions we were getting in the tour books that were similar to "dead skewered boars head stuffed with pig's tails and boiled in something weird I've never heard of". Or anything made into "pie".

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S You should try this white semi sweet german wine called Blue Nun.

    ReplyDelete